Same Day Joint Replacement
Same Day Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and Same Day Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR) are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of the knee and shoulder respectively.
Over the last several years Knee Replacement Surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Dr. Youm routinely performs Same Day Total Knee Replacement and Same Day Total Shoulder Replacement.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring – two incisions of 1½ to 2 inches each, rather than one 10- to 12-inch incision
- Shorter hospital stay – 1-2 days (vs. 3-5 days); some patients go home in less than 24 hours
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Incisions
VISIONAIRE Patient Matched Instrumentation
Rediscover Your Go with Smith & Nephew