Thomas Youm, MD, FACSBoard-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Thomas Youm is a Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in the treatment of athletic injuries and performs arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the hip, shoulder, elbow and knee. He has a special interest in joint preservation surgery for the active patient. He performs cutting-edge procedures such as hip arthroscopy for labral tears and femoral acetabular impingement, high tibial osteotomy for preservation of the knee, arthroscopic assisted core decompression for avascular necrosis of the hip, cartilage transplantation procedures in the knee. Patients also seek out Dr. Youm for biological alternatives to surgery such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and bone marrow and adipose derived stem cell injections. For those patients requiring knee and shoulder replacements, Dr. Youm promotes same day discharge.
A native of Long Island, New York, Dr. Youm graduated cum laude from Yale University. He attended New York University Medical School where he was elected to the AOA honors society. He completed his orthopaedic residency at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. While in residency, Dr. Youm completed specialized training in orthopaedic trauma surgery at Seattle’s Harborview Hospital, one of the busiest and most respected trauma centers in the country.
After residency, Dr. Youm went on to complete a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the prestigious Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, California. During his fellowship, he participated in the orthopaedic care of the Los Angeles Lakers, Dodgers, Avengers, Sparks, Galaxy, and USC Football teams. He was also selected to be the physician for the Los Angeles Dodgers Dominican Republic team in the spring of 2005.
Dr. Youm has published over 100 articles and has over 200 presentations at numerous national meetings on the topics of orthopaedic sports medicine. He is a Clinical Professor at the NYU School of Medicine where he teaches both medical students and orthopaedic residents. Dr. Youm has twice won the Teacher of the Year Award which is voted and determined by the graduating class of orthopaedic chief residents. He is one of the main instructors for the sports medicine fellows at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital. He is currently Director of Hip Arthroscopy and, in this role, he runs the clinical research for hip arthroscopy at NYU. He is a member of the Hip Center and the Sports Medicine department at the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital.
Dr. Youm is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, International Society for Hip Arthroscopy and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Yale University, New Haven, CT
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY
Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
Clinical Assistant Professor, New York University School of Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Medical Society County of New York
- Korean American Medical Practitioners of NY (KAMPANY)
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- Blaeser AM, Mojica ES, Mannino BJ, Youm T. Return to Work After Primary Hip Arthroscopy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Am J Sports Med. 2022.
- Kanakamedala AC, Mojica ED, Hurley ET, Gonzalez-Lomas G, Jazrawi LM, Youm T. Increased time from injury to surgical repair in patients with proximal hamstring ruptures is associated with worse clinical outcomes at mid-term follow-up. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery. 10 March 2022.
- Buzin S, Shankar D, Vasavada K, Youm T. Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement – Associated Labral Tears: Current Status and Future Prospects. Orthopedic Research and Reviews. 2022.
- Yu S, Fossum B, Brown J, Youm T. The “Rs” of Hip Arthroscopy: Management of the Labrum in 2022. Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2022;80(1):17-24
- Bloom DA, Kaplan DJ, Kirby DJ, Buchalter DB, Lin CC, Fried JW, Chintalapudi N, Youm T. Correction to: The minimally clinically important difference for the nonarthritic hip score at 2-years following hip arthroscopy. Knee surgery, sports traumatology, arthroscopy. 2022.
- Essilfie AF, Lowe DT, Youm T. Arthroscopic Technique for Reduction and Fixation of an Acetabular Rim Fracture. Arthroscopy Techniques. Published: Dec 18, 2021
- Akpinar B, Youm T. To Explain or to Predict: Important Aspect to Consider Also in Orthopaedics: Response. Am J Sports Med. 2021;49(13):NP64-NP65.
- Bloom DA, Kaplan DJ, Kirby DJ, Buchalter DB, Lin CC, Fried JW, Chintalapudi N, Youm T. The minimal clinically important difference for the nonarthritic hip score at 2-years following hip arthroscopy. Knee surgery, sports traumatology, arthroscopy. 2021.
- Hurley ET, Hughes AJ, Jamal MS, Mojica ES, Bloom DA, Youm T, McCarthy T. Repair versus Debridement for Acetabular Labral Tears - A Systematic Review. Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, and Rehabilitation. 2021: 3(5):e1569-1576.
- Davey MS, Hurley ET, Davey MG, Fried JW, Hughes AJ, Youm T, McCarthy T. Criteria for Return to Play After Hip Arthroscopy in the Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement: A Systematic Review. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2021.
- Matache BA, Kaplan DJ, Fried J, Burke C, Samim M, Youm T. The Femoroacetabular Impingement Resection (FAIR) Arc: An Intraoperative Aid for Assessing Bony Resection During Hip Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy Techniques. 2021:10(6):e1431-e1437.
- Bloom DA, Buchalter DK, Kirby DJ, Wang C, Driesman AS, Youm T. Males Achieve Similar Success at Two Years Following Hip Arthroscopy Irrespective of Age. Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2021:79(3)152-157.
- Kaplan DJ, Matache BA, Fried J, Burke C, Samin M, Youm T. Improved Functional Outcome Scores Associated with Greater Reduction in Cam Height Using the Femoroacetabular Impingement Resection Arc During Hip Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2021.
- Lin CC, Colasanti CA, Bloom, DA, Youm T. Six Month Outcome Scores Predicts Short Term Outcomes After Hip Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2021 ():- (# 4838722)
- Haskel JD, Kaplan DJ, Kirschner N, Fried JW, Samin M, Burke C, Youm T. Generalized Joint Hypermobility is Associated with Decreased Hip Labrum Width: A Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Based Study. Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, and Rehabilitation. 2021.
- Bloom DA, Manjunath AK, Wang C, Egol A, Meislin RJ, Youm T, Gonzalez-Lomas, G. Institutional Reductions in Opioid Prescribing Following Hip Arthroscopy Do Not Change Patient Satisfaction Scores. Arthroscopy, sports medicine, & rehabilitation. 2021
- Akpinar B, Lin LJ, Bloom DA, Youm T. Concomitant Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Negatively Affects Outcomes after Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement. Arthroscopy. April 2021.
- Akpinar B, Lin LJ, Bloom DA, Youm T. Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement: Minimal Clinically Important Difference Rates Decline From 1- to 5-Year Outcomes. Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, and Rehabilitation. 2021 3(2):e351-e358.
- Kaplan DJ, Samin M, Burke CJ, Baron, SL, Meislin RJ, Youm T. Decreased Hip Labral Width Measured via Preoperative MRI is Associated with Inferior Outcomes for Arthroscopic Labral Repair for Femoroacetabular Impingement. Arthroscopy. 2021:37(1):98-107.
- Haskel JD, Kaplan DJ, Fried JW, Youm T, Samin M, Burke C. The Limited Reliability of Physical Examination and Imaging for Diagnosis of Iliopsoas Tendinitis. Arthroscopy. April 2021.
- Sun Y, Thompson KA, Darden C, Youm T. Surgical Intervention for FAI Can Lead to Improvements in Both Hip and Back Function in Patients with Co-existing Chronic Back Pain at One Year-Follow Up. Arthroscopy. 2020.
- Lin LJ, Akpinar B, Bloom DA, Youm T. Age and Outcomes in Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement: A Comparison Across 3 Age Groups. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020.
- Akpinar B, Lin LJ, Bloom DA, Youm T. Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement: 1-Year Outcomes Predict 5-Year Outcomes. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020.
- Zusmanovich M, Thompson K, Campbell A, Youm T. Outcomes of Preoperative Opioid Usage in Hip Arthroscopy: A Comparison to Opioid Naïve Patients. Arthroscopy. 2020.
- Kirby D, Fried JW, Bloom DA, Buchalter DA, Youm T. Clinical Outcomes after Endoscopic Repair of Gluteus Medius Tendon Tear Using a Knotless Technique with Two-year Minimum Follow-up. Arthroscopy. 2020:36(11):2849-2855.
- Bloom DA, Yu SW, Kingery MT, Chintalapudi N, Looze C, YoumT. Radiographic Factors Associated with Failure of Revision Hip Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy, sports medicine, & rehabilitation. 2021 3(1):E65-72.
- Kirby DJ, Buchalter DB, Capeci CM, Youm T. Femoroacetabular Impingement and Abnormal Femoral Version – Treatment with Arthroscopy and Derotational Osteotomy. Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Techniques. September 26, 2020.
- Haskel JD, Kaplan DJ, Kirby DJ, Bloom DA, Youm T. Revisiting Intraarticular Corticosteroid Injections and Sports Medicine: Outcomes and Perioperative Considerations. SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine. January 11, 2021.
- Kaplan DJ, Haskel JD, Kirby DJ, Bloom DA, Youm T. The Simplified Science of Corticosteroids for Clinicians. JBJS Reviews. 2020:8(11).
- Bloom DA, Kirby D, Thompson K, Baron SL, Chee C, Youm T. Effect of Acetaminophen on Postoperative Percocet Use in Hip Arthroscopy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arthroscopy. 2020:37(2):530-536.
- Bloom DA, Fried JW, Bi AS, Kaplan DJ, Chintalapudi N, Youm T. Age-Associated Pathology and Functional Outcomes After Hip Arthroscopy in Female Patients: Analysis With 2-Year Follow-up. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020.
- Carter CW, Campbell A, Whitney D, Feder O, Kingery M, Baron S, Youm T, Gonzales-Lomas G. Characterizing Cam-type Hip Impingement in Professional Women’s Ice Hockey Players. Physician & Sports Medicine. 2020:1-4.
- Essilfie AE, Bloom DA, Zusmanovich M, Kester B, Wolfson T, Youm T. Staged Bilateral Hip Arthroscopy Compared to a Matched Unilateral Hip Arthroscopy Cohort: Minimum 2 year follow up. Arthroscopy. 2020:36(7):1856-1861.
- Haskel JD, Baron SL, Zusmanovich M, Youm T. Does Concomitant Lumbar Spine Disease Adversely Affect the Outcomes of Patients Undergoing Hip Arthroscopy? American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020.
- Bloom DA, Essilfie AA, Wolfert A, Youm T. Infected Hematoma After Endoscopic Sciatic Nerve Decompression. Arthroscopy, sports medicine, & rehabilitation. 2020:2(2):e171-e174.
- Kaplan DJ, Samin M, Burke CJ, Meislin RJ, Youm T. Validity of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Measurement of Hip Labral Width Compared with Intraoperative Assessment. Arthroscopy. 2020:36(3):751-758.
- Campbell A, Thompson K, Pham H, Pickell M, BeglyJ, Wolfson T, Youm T. The Incidence and Pattern of Iliopsoas Tendinitis Following Hip Arthroscopy. Hip International. 2020
- Kester BS, Begly JP, Capogna B, Chenard K, Youm T. Four-year Outcomes Following Arthroscopic Microfracture of the Hip in Patients with Advanced Chondral Lesions. Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2020:78(2):123-130.
- Kouk S, Baron S, Pham H, Campbell A, Begly J, Youm T. Clinical Outcomes of Hip Arthroscopy In Patients With Systemic Inflammatory Diseases Compared To Matched Controls At A Minimum Of 2-Year Follow-Up. Arthroscopy. 2020:36(5):1345-1352.
- Chenard K, Mai D, Begly JP, Ryan MK, Youm T. Does a Traumatic Etiology of Hip Pain Influence Hip Arthroscopy Outcomes? Arthroscopy. 2020:36(1):167-175.
- Wolfson T, Ryan MK, Begly JP, Youm T. Outcome Trends After Hip Arthroscopy fo Femoroacetabular Impingement: When Do Patients Improve? Arthroscopy. 2019 Dec; 35(12);3261-3270.
- Hamula MJ, Ryan MK, Baron SL, Bloom DA, Youm T. Atypical Hip Pain in Femoroacetabular Impingement: A Comparison of Outcomes Based on Primary Hip Pain Location. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2019.
- Samin M, Walter W, Gyftopoulos S, Poultsides L, Youm T. MRI Assessment of Subspine Impingement: Features beyond the Anterior Inferior Iliace Spine Morphology. Radiology. 2019.
- Ben-Eliezer N, Raya J, Babb JS, Youm T, Sodickson DK, Lattanzi R. A New Method for Cartilage Evaluation in Femoroacetabular Impingement Using Quantitative T2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Preliminary Validation Against Arthroscopic Findings. Cartilage. 2019.
- Burke CJ, Walter WR, Gyftopoulos S, Pham H, Baron S, Gonzalez-Lomas G, Vigdorchik JM, Youm T. Real-Time Assessment of Femoroacetabular Motion Using Radial Gradient Echo Magnetic Resonance Arthrography at 3 Tesla in Routine Clinical Practice: A Pilot Study. Arthroscopy. 2019:35(8):2366-2374.
- Hajnik C, Akhavan S, Wyland DJ, Cohen SB, Jazrawi LM, Youm T, GJ Loren, Farr J, Rahme MD, Rahme M, Reischling P. Two Year Clinical Outcomes of the Subchondroplasty Procedure for Treatment of Symptomatic Bone Marrow Lesions of the Knee. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2019.
- Samim M, Eftekhary N, Vigdorchik JM, Elbuluk A, Davidovitch R, Youm T, Gyftopoulos S. 3D-MRI versus 3D-CT in the evaluation of osseous anatomy in femoroacetbular impingement using Dixon 3D FLASH sequence. Skeletal Radiol. 2019 Mar;48(3):429-436.
- Samim M, Youm T, Burke C, Meislin R, Vigdorchik J, Gyftopoulos S. Hip arthroscopy-MRI correlation and differences for hip anatomy and pathology: What radiologists need to know. Clin Imaging. 2018 Nov – Dec;52:315-327.
- Ryan MK, Youm T, Vigdorchik JM. Beyond the Scope Open Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013). 2018 Mar;76(1):47-54
- Youm T. Editorial Commentary: Wanted Dead or Alive: Primary Allograft Labral Reconstruction of the Hip Is As Successful, if Not More Successful, Than Primary Labral Repair. Arthroscopy. 2018 Feb;34(2):441-443.
- Shenoy K, Dai AZ, Mahure SA, Kaplan DJ, Capogna B, Youm T. Arthroscopic Repair of Hip Labrum With Suture Anchors. Arthrosc Tech. 2017 Nov 13;6(6):e2143-e2149.
- Kester BS, Capogna B, Mahure SA, Ryan MK, Mollon B, Youm T. Independent Risk Factors for Revision Surgery or Conversion to Total Hip Arthroplasty After Hip Arthroscopy: A Review of a Large Statewide Database From 2011 to 2012. Arthroscopy. 2018 Feb;34(2):464-470.
- Capogna B, Hamula M, Begly J, Wolfson T, Looze C, Ryan MK, Youm T. Independent risk factors for poor outcome after hip arthroscopy. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017 Conference:(2017)
- Mahure S, Ryan MK, Buckland A, Hamula M, Begly J, Capogna B, Looze C, Chenard K, Youm T. Concomitant lumbar spine pathology in patients undergoing hip arthroscopy: A matched cohort analysis. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017 Conference:(2017)
- Dold A, Perretta D, Youm T. Osteomyelitis After Calcium Phosphate Subchondroplasty A Case Report. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013). 2017 Dec;75(4):282-285.
- Guss M, Youm T. Accelerated Degenerative Joint Disease After Staged Hip Arthroscopy and Periacetabular Osteotomy in a Patient with Hip Dysplasia. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013). 2017 May;75(3):220-224.
- Ramos N, Dold A, Youm T. Postoperative Considerations Following Hip Arthroscopy. JBJS Reviews. 2017 Jul;5(7):e3.
- Capogna BM, Shenoy K, Youm T, Stuchin SA. Tendon Disorders After Total Hip Arthroplasty: Evaluation and Management. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Apr 27.
- Capogna, BM; Ryan, MK; Begly, JP; Chenard, KE; Mahure, SA; Youm, T. Clinical Outcomes of Hip Arthroscopy in Patients 60 or Older: A Minimum of 2-Year Follow-up. Arthroscopy. 2016 32(12):2505-2510.
- Begly, J P; Ryan, M K; Capogna, B; Youm, T. Clinical Outcomes Following Arthroscopic Microfracture of the Hip. Orthopaedic journal of sports medicine. 2016 Conference:(2016):- [Meeting Abstract]
- Begly JP, Robins B, Youm T. Arthroscopic Treatment of Traumatic Hip Dislocation. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016 May;309-17.
- Lerebours F, Cohn R, Youm T. Endoscopic Treatment of Gluteus Medius Tears: A Review. Bull Hosp Jt Dis. 2016 Mar;74(1):58-62.
- Collings J, Beutel B, Bosco J, Strauss E, Youm T, Jazrawi L. Bone Marrow Edema: Chronic Bone Marrow Lesions of the Knee and the Association with Osteoarthritis. Bull Hosp Jt Dis. 2016 Mar;74(1):24-36.
- Lerebours F, Robertson W, Neri B, Schulz B, Youm T, Limpisvasti O. Prevalence of Cam-Type Morphology in Elite Ice Hockey Players. Am J Sports Med. 2016 Apr;44(4):1024-30.
- Begly JP, Ryan MK, Capogna B, Youm T. Clinical outcomes following microfracture of the hip. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016 Conference:(2016)
- Chatterjee D, McGee A, Strauss E, Youm T, Jazrawi L. Reply to letter to the editor: subchondral calcium phosphate is ineffective for bone marrow edema lesions in adult with advanced arthritis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Dec;473(12):3978-80.
- Chatterjee D, McGee A, Strauss E, Youm T, Jazrawi L. Subchondral Calcium Phosphate is ineffective for Bone Marrow Edema Lesions in adults with Advanced Osteoarthritis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Jul;473(7):2334-42.
- Youm T, Takemoto R, Park BK. Acute management of shoulder dislocations. J Am AcadOrthop Surg. 2014 Dec;22(12):761-771. Review.
- Collins JA, Beutel BG, Garofolo G, Youm T. Correlation of obesity with patient-reported outcomes and complications after hip arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2015 Jan;31(1):57-62.
- Uquillas CA, Youm T. Ultrasound-Guided Pulse Lavage for Heterotopic Ossification After Prior Hip Arthroscopy: A Case Report. JBJS Case Connect. 2014 Aug 27;4(3):e74-e6
- Lattanzi R,Petchprapa C,Ascani D, Babb JS, Chu D, Davidovitch R; Youm T, Meislin RJ, Recht MP. Detection of cartilage damage in femoroacetabular impingement with standardized dGEMRIC at 3T. Osteoarthritis & Cartilage. 2014 Mar;22(3):447-56.
- Alaia MJ, Patel D, Levy A, Youm T, Bharam S, Meislin R, Bosco J, Davidovitch RI. The incidence of venous thromboembolism (VTE)—after hip arthroscopy. Bull Hosp JtDis (2013). 2014;72(2):154-8.
- Ward JP, Shreve MC, Youm T, Strauss EJ. Ruptures of the distal biceps tendon. Bull Hosp JtDis (2013). 2014;72(1):110-9
- Beutel BG, Collins JA, Garofolo G, Youm T. Hip arthroscopy outcomes, complications, and traction safety in patients with prior lower extremity arthroplasty. Int Orthop. 2014 Aug 8.
- Beck DM, Park BK, Youm T, Wolfson TS. Arthroscopic treatment of labral tears and concurrent avascular necrosis of the femoral head in young adults. Arthroscopy techniques. 2013;2(4):e367-e371.
- Collins JA, Ward JP, Youm T. Is Prophylactic Surgery for Femoroacetabular Impingement Indicated?: A Systematic Review. Am J Sports Med. 2013; Aug 21
- Capeci CM, Turchiano M, Strauss EJ, Youm T. Osteochondral allografts: applications in treating articular cartilage defects in the knee. Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2013;71(1)60-7.
- Ong C, Hall M, Youm T. Surgical technique: arthroscopic treatment of heterotopic ossification of the hip after prior hip arthroscopy. ClinOrthopRelat Res 2013 Apr; 471(4): 1277-82.
- Ward JP, Rogers P, Youm T. Failed hip arthroscopy: causes and treatment options. Orthopedics, 2012 Jul 1;35(7):612-7.
- Ward JP, Albert DB, Altman R, Goldstein RY, Cuff G, Youm T. Are femoral nerve blocks effective for early postoperative pain management after hip arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2012 Aug;28(8):1064-9.
- Jayajumar P, Ramachandran M, Youm T, Achan P. Arthroscopy of the hip for paediatric and adolescent disorders: Current concepts. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012 Mar; 94-B: 290-296.
- Ruchelsman DE, Hall MP, Youm T. Osteochondritis dissecans of the capitellum: current concepts. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2010 Sep; 18(9): 557-567
- Kaplan K, Shah MR, YoumT. Femoroacetabular Impingement: Diagnosis and Treatment. Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2010; 68(2): 70-5.
- Youm T, ElAttrache NS, Tibone JE, McGarry MH, Lee TQ. The effect of the long head of the biceps on glenohumeral kinematics. Journal of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. 2009; 18: 122.
- Gruson KI, Ilalov K, Youm T. A broken scalpel blade tip: an unusual complication of knee arthroscopy. Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2008; 66: 54.
- Youm T, Tibone JE, Elattrache NS, McGarry MH, Lee TQ. Simulated type II superior labral anterior posterior lesions do not alter the path of glenohumeral articulation: A cadaveric biomechanical study. American journal of sports medicine. 2008; 36: 767.
- Frank JB, Youm T, Meislin RJ, Rokito AS. Posterolateral corner injuries of the knee. Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2007; 65: 106.
- Trygesstad K, Youm T, Koval K. The orthopedic management of decubitus ulcers around the proximal femur. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2006 Jul; 35(7): 316-21.
- Youm T, Matthews PV, ElAttrache NS. Treatment of Spinoglenoid Cysts Associated with Superior Labral Tears without Cyst Aspiration, Debridement, or Excision. Arthroscopy. 2006 May; 22(5): 548-52.
- Youm T, Murray D, Rokito A, Zuckerman JD. Arthroscopic vs. Mini-open rotator cuff repair: a comparison of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2005 Sep-Oct; 14(5):455-9.
- Youm T, Maurer SG, Stuchin SA. Post-operative management after total hip and knee arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2005 Apr; 20(3):322-4.
- Youm T, Hommen JP, Ong BC, Chen AL. Os acromiale: evaluation and treatment. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2005 Jun; 34(6):277-283.
- Youm T, Chen AL. Discoid lateral meniscus: evaluation and treatment. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2004 May; 33(5):234-8.
- Pavone V, Youm T, Baldini T, Rimnac C, Wright T, Sculco TP. Bilateral cobalt alloy femoral component fracture: a case report. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2004 April; 33(4):185-9.
- Chen AL, Youm T, Ong BC, Rafii M, Rokito AS. Imaging of the elbow in the overhead throwing athlete. American Journal of Sports Medicine.2003 qMay-Jun; 31(3):466-73.
- Youm T, Bosco J. Clinical Cases: Lateral Discoid Meniscus. MedscapeOrthopaedics& Sports Medicine 7(1) 2003 @ 2003 Medscape.
- Youm T, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. Effect of previous cerebrovascular accident on outcome after hip fracture. Journal of Orthopedic Trauma. 2000 Jun-Jul; 14(5):329-34.
- Youm T, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. The economic impact of geriatric hip fractures. American Journal of Orthopedics. 1999 Jul; 28(7):432-8.
- Youm T, Margiotta M, Kasabian A, Karp N. Complications of tissue expansion in a public hospital.Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1999 Apr; 42(4):397-401.
- Youm T, Koval KJ, Kummer FJ, Zuckerman JD. Do all hip fractures result from a fall? American Journal of Orthopedics. 1999 Mar; 28(3):190-4.
- Rosenberg AD, Youm T, Koval K, Orbeta R, Soberano T, Hoek EV – Abstract. The safety of reinfusing unwashed wound drainage in the PACU.Anesthesia and Analgesia, 1998;86:S177.
- Click here to view Dr. Youm CV
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents
55 East 86th St, 1A
New York, NY 10028